© 2020 Ardsley Children's Center • PO Box 731 Ardsley, NY 10502 • Ph. 914-693-6686 • Fax 914-693-6655 • email@example.com
HISTORY OF THE ARDSLEY CHILDREN'S CENTER
In April 1981, the League of Women Voters of Greenburgh, the Ardsley Board of Education and the Ardsley PTA conducted a survey to determine the childcare needs of school age children in Ardsley. Both working and non-working parents indicated a need for childcare before and after school on a full or part time basis.
As a result, a community of over 30 parents, teachers, business and civic leaders were organized to develop the concept of childcare in a public school setting. Through the volunteer efforts of this group, the Ardsley Children's Center opened in the Concord Road School in September 1981.
Staff responsibilities include organizing the environment, initiating group games and responding to each child's individual needs.
Each employee possesses experience working with children and references are verified to ensure the most responsible individuals are hired. In addition, employees are screened by The New York State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment to verify that they have not been the subject of any child abuse cases. Also, each employee is fingerprinted by OFCS to ensure a criminal record does not exist. In accordance with the regulations of the Office of Children and Family Services, the Center ensures the minimum staff/child ratio of 1:10. Children are under the supervision of an employee at all times.
The Center will only release a child to a parent/guardian unless we have written permission allowing someone else to pick up your child or if the person is on your "permanent pick up list" (in your child's registration packet). At any time, you can add people to your "permanent pick-up list" in your child's file. No child will ever be released to walk home on his/her own.
Those who are picking up a child from our program for the first time will be asked to show picture ID (this includes parents who are new to the program).
Children may not be signed in or out of the Center by any employee.
Parents must call to notify the Center if they will be late.
• If a parent is unable to pick-up by 4:30, a fee of $10.00 per half-hour or fraction thereof will be charged.
• If a parent is not at the Center by 6:00PM and has failed to call, emergency names on file will immediately be contacted to come pick up your child.
• Should pick up occur later than 6:00PM, a $20.00 fine per family for every fifteen minutes or part thereof will be charged. A written warning will also be issued. A child whose parent receives two such warnings and then has an additional lateness may be withdrawn from the program.
EMERGENCY & SNOW CLOSINGS
• On mornings when Concord Road School opens with a delay, the Ardsley Children's Center will not open for the morning session.
• If school closes early because of snow or due to any other emergency, the Center will not open in the afternoon. Please make sure your child's teacher knows where to send him/her in the event this should happen.
• If school remains open during snowy weather yet the Ardsley School District cancels their after school activities, the Center will not open for the afternoon. Parents will receive a phone call no later than 2:00PM that day. Please make sure your child's teacher knows where to send him/her in the event this should happen.
• If school remains open during snowy weather and the Ardsley School District continues with their after school activities, the Center will make a determination as to whether to close early or remain open as usual. Should the weather worsen as the afternoon progresses, you or your emergency contact may receive a call asking to pick up your child early so that all may go home as quickly and safely as possible.
A refrigerator is available for storage of any special food items.
Please check back soon
Please check back soon
Employees of the Ardsley Children's Center are committed to providing quality care for all enrolled children.
Children using our Before School and ACC Adventures program MUST be escorted into the Center by a parent/guardian. Children using our Kindergarten Phase-In program and our After School program will be released to the Center by their classroom teachers, upon written permission by you. Upon arrival, children are accounted for by Center staff.
Those who have contracts until 4:30PM may receive an extension of time as long as the Center is fully staffed. Those contracted until 6:00PM must make alternate arrangements for the pick-up of their child. The Center closes promptly at 6:00PM.
If school is closed because of snow or any other emergency, the Ardsley Children's Center will also be closed.
The Ardsley Children's Center provides nutritious snacks at appropriate times during the day.